In the majority of instances, bitcoin mining is absolutely legal. In a few states in the US, however, bitcoin mining, in addition to the ownership and application of bitcoin is prohibited. Oftentimes, bitcoin isn’t treated as a money by authorities, but rather as a property or an asset. Typically, federal authorities that haven’t weathered bitcoin, haven’t passed laws concerning bitcoin mining. Globally, with just a couple exceptions, bitcoin mining is usually regarded as legal. As long as you are using your own resources to perform mining, being a bitcoin miner shouldn’t be illegal in most part of the world.
Countries Where Bitcoin Not Legal
Countries With Explicit Stance Towards Bitcoin Mining
- Slovenia – Mining of Bitcoin is generally recognized by the government and taxed.
- Ukraine – Mining is considered a legal business venture.
- Indonesia – Mining is yet to be covered by the regulation
- Iceland – Bitcoin Mining is allowed and considered a legitimate business
- Belarus – Individuals Or Companies are allowed to engage in bitcoin mining activity