Did you know?
Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) is a ligament that is present in your knee joint and prevents excessive forward translation of your shin bone.
Like every other structure in your body, it can get injured if you place excessive stress over it.
Here is what you can do before starting your ACL REHAB to minimise the symptoms of pain and swelling.
• Protect your injured ACL by wearing protective equipment.
• Take some rest and do not take part in activities that stress your ACL.
• Apply ice to your knee to relieve your pain and swelling.
• Apply compression bandage around your knee joint to control your swelling.
• Elevate your knee above heart level to minimise swelling.